40 Cemetery Rd, Plainfield, CT 06374, USA
2.4

This is the fourth time that I had to call Ostermans when my propane tanks were running on empty...although I am on their yearly automatic delivery. Twice I have run out.Called on the weekend and was told even though I was empty and on automatic delivery was told they would charge me a lot more for emergency delivery.Do yourself a favor...avoid them. Terrible attitude and totaly unreliable I'm leaving them and will be happy to go anywhere else.The weird thing is when I told some of my neighbors they all had horror stories about Ostermans so I guess this is not an isolated case.It amazes me that a company as lousy as this stays in business

Review about: Osterman Propane Propane Tank Refill.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Go out of buisness.

Comments

Osterman Ombudsman

Unfortunately, your complaint does not make sense to us. It is our very specific company policy that customers on automatic delivery NEVER pay any fees or charges for an after hours delivery in the rare event that they are out of gas.

In addition if you had previously contacted us 4 times with this same issue, certainly we would have ensured your account was setup properly for automatic delivery. It is possible that an automatic account may have their delivery status changed if there is an overdue balance on the account.

to Osterman Ombudsman #1419201

This is true. I am on automatic delivery and they never came.

We have run out of propane. My husband called at 7 am to tell them we need fuel and was told we would have to pay extra because it was not their normal hours. We had to wait until 8 to call. We have called numerous times and have had to wait.

They claim many people are facing the same thing because it is so cold and have been out responding to everyone else. When I called at 11 am to check, they had not even sent notice to the delivery people and are saying we may have to wait until tomorrow. I have no heat, hot water, or stove. I have missed work.

The woman actually told my husband he should have called when we were running low. ***. That is why we have auto delivery.

I suspect they are prioritizing those paying top dollar for propane. This is unacceptable.