22 Legate Hill Rd, Sterling, MA 01564, USA
2.0

I had an outstanding bill. I had spoken to one Customer Service rep who was very nice and explained that I'd had some financial setbacks and would pay the entire bill once I received my income tax return. In the meantime I made a couple of small payments. She was very nice and understanding.

When I received my return, the very first thing I did was pay off the gas bill using my bank's Bill Pay. This was done about a week ago.

Today, my son called me at work and told me they had shut off my tank. When I called to find out what happened since I had paid off the entire bill, the person who answered this time was very rude and immediately got her back up. In the course of the conversation, I was told that I was supposed to call the billing department and let them know when I had paid the bill. They said it was in an email (which may be buried someplace in my emails), and in a letter I was sent, where I probably only looked at the amount believing I had an understanding with the company.

Apparently, where I send the payment has no communication with the other end of the company. You would think, they might want to double-check if payment is made before shutting off someone's gas, though.

The woman didn't give me her name and hung up on me when I asked for it. Also, I was told I would be called back in an hour to let me know if they were going to return to turn the gas back on today. TWO hours + later, I still haven't heard from them.

So, now, I'm looking into a kerosene heater and to purchase my own propane tank, so that I never have to deal with Osterman again. Oh, and by the way, the gas appears to be costing me $5/gallon. Seems a little pricey for propane. Maybe I just need to research more.

Very disgruntled customer

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Comments