I inherited this company when I purchased my home 5 years ago and in these five years I have been: Charged .50 more per unit because I choose to save energy by turning my thermostat down to 62 degrees (I don't use enough so I have to pay more), called for a delivery and the truck never shows up (ran out of propane), have had a leaky tank for 2 years and still don't have a new one. The person I've dealt with is the most unpleasant woman you can imagine.

Uggggggg! I can't take it.

Comments

These people are absolute thieves, I have decided to disconnect their tank & roll it to the bottom of my hay field, they want me to pay to take their tank away....I'll make them work for their money!

James M works for Osterman

This company is terrible and acts with no regard for customer.

The only result will come when you take them to court.

The staff I worked with was extremely helpful and compassionate. I was very satisfied with their performance in solving our problem.

They did all they could possibly do to accomodate me every step of the way. :)

Have had osterman for over 20 years

ran out of propane on Friday

Called saturday am and left message

Monday morning when Icalled was told delivery to my town will be end of the weekif I want it before have to pay extra $99

I decided to go without hot water-

Have been on budget plan but also get charged extra for low usage

Maddog, All I can Say is stay away from Osterman!!

I have been dealing with Ostreman for more years than I wish to admit! Funny how when I owe $50.00 they call me twice a week to figure out payment but when I call about a problem it took someone 11 days to get back to me.

There customer service sucks, there service sucks and there prices are disgusting. I will be removing my 330 gallon tank asap!

They need to charge these prices to pay for the new mansion!

I've had Osterman for 4 years as a renter. I live in a very old building and the windows were old and there was little to no insulation left and it was costing me way more money thatn I had to heat this place.

After 2 years of begging, the landlord replaced the drafty windows and put insulation in the attic. Yay! But my propane bill kept going up. Why?

Oh, because I was using 1/3 less propane which put me in a higher pay rate. I also try to be conservative and keep my heat low, 60 at night 65 during the day if I'm home. Why should I be charged 4.21/gallon? So Two days ago I called and gave them one more opportunity to lower my rate and of course they said no.

So I told them I didn't want anymore fill ups from them, that I was going to empty the tanks and call to have them removed once they were empty. I even asked the evil customer service person to confirm that I would not receive anymore fuel from them. So wht did they do? They came the next day and filled up my tanks and increased my rate another .10 cents.

I've called the Consumer Protection Division of the DA's office and filed a complaint. Osterman is so seeing me in court!

I too had osterman thrown upon me when I bought my house.

I met the branch manager and he seemed nice enough. The person I speak with at that branch is awful at customer service.

When I called she asked how much was in my tanks and told her. Never said a word about it not being correct. When they left the bill it was double what I expected.. Her response was what's the big deal? I said the big deal was I was expecting to pay for 1 tank not two.

She told me I was a problem customer and that to let her know when I want my tanks removed. That was her answer to customer service. By the way still have not come out to fix the tank. I still don't know how much I have in there. By the way they are tanks that are a few months old not old ones.

If anyone knows the corporate office address or phone number I will take it with a warm welcome. I think the owners would like to know how the branches deal with the customers that pay their checks every week.

I have always had a pleasant experience with HL Fuel in NY state. My brother worked for Harry (the owner) and I have always gotten great rates and had a great experience. I recommend that you all buy your own tanks, the price per gallon is always ALOT less and since you are just asking for their best price and they have to compete for your business, you get a much better deal!

#208319

Here's a good one.

I own my two 100 pound tanks, had them for years. I used to take them wherever there was a deal to fill them up. So a couple yeas ago, my wife ran out of gas and I was not home. I called Osterman to fill up both tanks. Just for cooking, they charged me over $6 a galllon, $128 for each tank.

So now, they send me a minimum usage charge of $60 for a tank rental...these are my tanks! I've spoken with them twice and all I get is a message saying that they charge was in the terms of agreement.

#208318

Here's a good one.

#206272

Just had my tenants tank filled a month ago not even fully filled. cost $288.

Then yesterday got a minimum usage fee of $160. WTF! And the bill didn't break down why I am being charged that. It ridiculous to charge someone a fee for not using enough of your product.

But to not even indicate how they came up with that cost is ridiculous. DON'T USE OSTERMAN PROPANE!!!

#202969

very interesting stuff. I have had my problems with osterman too.

They have consistently put propane in my tank when it was intended for my neighbor.

they then charge me 400$ for proppane I did not need and did not order. Last Time i refused to pay for it for about 8 months when they finally made a deal with me.

I've had Ostermen for five years I dread calling them every time I need gas you never no what your going to get. They are so rude.

I quess? they act like that Cause they got you by the balls if they own your tank.you call to get a price and its threw the roof.so You.

Ask can you do any better for me,then they talk to the supposed manager and wow they can drop by maybe 5 cents wow thanks alot I use propane for my whole house.they need to be watched by the feds or they will take full advantage of us .p.o. customer

I too inherited Osterman from Wesco. I never had a problem with Wesco.

Osterman however-their prices are through the roof. Case and point-we have a gas stove in the living room. Which we only ran from like 6pm till 9pm-during the height of winter. This usage cost me about $1000.00.

Additionally, they refuse to make a delivery unless the bill will reach well over 400.00. Further-they did not make any attempt to offer a budget plan.

The woman there is flat out rude. I am all done with this company.

we changed companies and are at 1/2 the cost of what osterman was charging us! Osterman just sent us 2 bills:1 for service charge $175 and another bill for service to REMOVE THEIR TANKS $36...

They came the very next morning after we told them we switched to Suburban...Funny how when we were actually thier customers they took FOREVER to do anything!

In this day and age when customer service means almost as much as the actual product they have fallen WAY below standards.

We too inherited the idoits at Osterman Propane and our rates kept going up for less usage...we use it to heat a pool. basic econ 101, if I have to choose to heat the pool or heat the house in the winter what would you go with?

ALso they all have a wicked attitude when you call and ask what is right fully yours!

SO glad to say GOOD BY OSTERMAN...got a great deal to switch to Suburban and looking forward to a warm pool and house.

rate is locked for $2 less per gallon for next year!

So, did you change companies? I'm considering Osterman and Eastern.